Who can get a library card
- Residents who live within Wheaton city limits, free
- Non-Residents who live within School District 200 boundaries for an annual fee
- Temporary Residents who live in Wheaton for 30 consecutive days
- Wheaton Property Owners with real estate tax bill receive one card per property
- Business Owners who request a card in writing on business letterhead receive one card
Register your library card from any Illinois library
to check out library material from Wheaton Public Library
Register for a library card
- at the Checkout Desk on the Main Floor
- show 2 forms of ID
- Illinois driver's license or state ID
- Checkbook from local bank
- Utility bill (within 60 days)
- Bill of Sale/Contract for home
- Automobile registration
- Mail with recent postmark (within 60 days)
- Parents or guardians must sign for anyone under 18
For more information about library cards and borrowing, call the Circulation Department at 868-7510 or see the Circulation Policy
Sign up to receive text messages when items on hold are ready for pickup, items checked out are almost due and when they are overdue. Renew items and check your account too!
Learn how to sign up
Sign up to receive library notices in your email, including courtesy notices which alert you before items are due.
• log in to My Account and click the Modify Personal Info button
• or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not receiving email notices?
Please verify that your email address is correct in My Account. If it is correct, check your spam folder and add the library's notice address email@example.com to your list of accepted senders. To find out how to add the library to your Whitelist (also called the Approved or Safe Sender list), search Google for "whitelist" and the name of your email provider. For example, whitelist comcast.